Ottenweller Installs State-of-the-Art Paintline
When it comes to paint jobs, bigger is better at Ottenweller Company.
The Fort Wayne, Indiana-based metal fabricator recently added a state-of-the-art automated paint line capable of holding parts measuring 45”w x 70”t x 120”l and weighing up to 2,200lbs.
Other features include:
- Two, 44-foot long paint booths (First booth is dedicated to primer coat and second booth is dedicated to top coat with a flash oven in between to expedite drying process)
- 5-stage washer using DuBois 1052 alkaline wash and clear water rinse, DuBois zirconium nanoparticle pretreatment and RO water rinse
- Graco P-Mix II system with 22 color mixing stack
- Final cure oven length of 300 feet at 220 degrees
- Line speed of 8 feet/minute
“Our new paint line will allow us to process larger, heavier parts that our customers are demanding,” says Michael Ottenweller, President of Ottenweller Company, Inc.“At the same time, we will reduce environmental impacts to waste water and VOC emissions while improving quality and consistency of our painted coatings.The new line positions Ottenweller to be among the top tier of U.S. metal fabricators for years to come.”
Family-owned and operated, Ottenweller has been in business more than 100 years and is a contract metal fabrication supplier to the heavy construction equipment, mining, defense and aerospace industries.